I am not going to put quantities in any of the recipies listed. Everything I cook is ad-libbed, based on what's in the cupboard, and what's growing on the plot.
Eventually, I plan to add pics and order these recipes into seasons. The aim is to avoid getting bored of seasonal produce and the inevitable gluts.
PASTA STUFFED WITH SQUASH AND CHARD
Jumbo pasta shells , olive oil, garlic, tomato sauce (I used a mix of the roatsed green and red tomatoes I had frozen from last year's glut), ricotta, parmesan, small pumpkin (I used a red kuri), chard (currently way to much of this stuff on the plot), bread crumbs
- Roast the pumpkin, 200c/20mins, with a glug of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta shells.
- Allow pumpkin to cool and peel, if needed.
- Add garlic and butter to a frying pan and cook for 1min. Add the chard and continue to cook until wilted.
- Mix the chard together with the pumpkin. Add the cheese, saving some for sprinkling on top.
- Spoon the mixture into the pasta shells
- Place the stuffed shells on a baking tray and spoon the tomato sauce over.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and some more cheese.
- Bake, 200c/20mins, until the cheese is melted and golden brown.